Chrome OS Beta Updated to Version 0.10.156.1 (Brings Fixes)
Today Google released their latest build of Chrome OS, bumping it up to version 0.10.156.1. The new build aims to fix a plethora of issues (that you can read more about here). According to a blog post by a Google employee (Jason Kersey), this update should be available to all those who are using their Chrome notebook in Dev mode.
A number of developers and CR-48 users alike have started a thread in the forums to try and catalogue all the changes that have taken effect since the upgrade. After-all it is one thing for Google to say that they have fixed an issue but it is another for the ordinary users to confirm that this has actually occurred. You can also file ‘official’ bug reports to Google here.
To find out how to get your CR-48 into Dev mode check out this useful tutorial. In the mean time, here are the fixes that forum users have so far confirmed. Ofcourse this is just a snapshot but as more people get involved we hope to have a proper list, so stay tuned and get involved:
- Chrome OS Known Issues – from the Google Help Site
- Chromium-os Issues site – stumbled onto this site somehow
- Google Chrome Releases Blog
PROS of the update (thus far):
- –FIXED — Enabling GPU Accelerated Canvas 2D causes Hulu to not show a picture
- A couple new about :flags. Block all third-party cookies and Disable HTML5 interactive form validation
Cons (further bugs) caused by the update (thus far)
- Wouldn’t boot after update. I could get to Chrome flash screen but not to sign-in page.
- Screen blacks out when power is plugged in.
- With the power plugged in and black screen, closing and reopening the top makes the screen super bright. Didn’t seem right so I unplugged it again:
Unplugging from power brought my screen back on, seemed to fix all of the above.
- Fan ran at high speed after the update and returned to normal after a while.
- Printing error:
This webpage is not available
The webpage at chrome://print/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
Error 300 (net::ERR_INVALID_URL): Unknown error.
Search tags for this page
chrome os version
fix facebook for notebookchrome